Monday, December 31, 2012

For Tomorrow

(Very minor thoughts on a very major year.)

For tomorrow I dust off my sneakers.
For tomorrow I wrangle our budget.
For tomorrow I open my cookbooks.
For tomorrow I will pledge to take time to record my memories.
For tomorrow I will be about my neighbors.

But tonight, I am thankful.
Thankful for my husband, who is my best friend, my rock, my confidant, and my steady.
Thankful for my girl, who has turned our world upside down and inside out, in the best of ways,
Thankful for my family, who can always remind me of our insanely hilarious upbringing and the newer members that have joined our ranks.
Thankful for Hank, who is the perfect picture of loyalty.
Thankful for my friends, who like family, are the truest, the most fun, and the best at what they do.
Thankful for my church, who is a beautiful picture of the hands and feet of Jesus.
Thankful for my neighbors, who have shown me that life isn't all about comfort.

"And now to Him, who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church, and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever."
-Ephesians 3:20

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment